Sunday, October 7, 2012

Roasted Seeds!!

Oh hey there!! How is your crisp fall weekend going??? Mine is going wonderfully, as usual.

I have finally gotten ahold of some of the acorn squash that was growing at the farm, and was more then excited to have some yummy roasted squash!! But this year,... I tried something new!!

I have always loved those yummy salted pumpkin seeds you can buy in stores, but since sodium has been a big issue in my diet lately, I decided to recreate this amazing snack!! I decided to research if you could roast squash seeds,,, and yup, you can, and I did!!!

To make these wonderful treats,

Separate seeds from the guts inside the squash/pumpkin.

Now you need to boil seeds in salt water (1 tsp of salt is plenty) for 10 min, bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.

Strain seeds and pat dry

spread on a jelly roll pan with 1tsp of Olive oil, a pinch of salt (or more if you like) and then whatever seasoning you wish, I used 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice!

Try not to let seeds over lap, bake at 350° for 10 min, stir, then bake for another 5-10 min... watch very closely as they will burn quickly, test a few every few min and get the seeds just crispy.

Then let cool and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment